Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 38.

Best Protein Drink Ever!
Weight: 140.80

This Monday morning was back to the grind. Down to business - 5am Gym. I have to say I pushed it hard in the gym this morning. 15 mins of quick + dirty Elliptical, followed by a 20min slow + sweaty session of the Stair Climber on Level 5, transitioned into 5 mins of a full blast run at 5.0 mph, graduated into the remaining 20 mins of cool-down fast walking. To some it doesn't seem like much, but I have to say, what I did do, I gave it 110%!!! I know it because I was literally a dripping puddle!

When I walked out the doors, I left feeling great!, accomplished, svelte (at least mentally) and productive. I knew that I had been and that I pushed it hard because I also felt like I was going to vomit.  I always feel like that when I push it super hard. Its a sign of strength. The yack is the weakness purging itself out of my system. However, this was not the feeling to encounter on the drive back home. Keep it together girlfriend. Do. not. puke.

Luckily, I didn't. I made it back home safe and sound. Feeling good enough to down 8oz of decedent chocolate protein bliss - Bolthouse Farms Chocolate Protein Plus drink is like a liquid smooth dark chocolate candy bar. So dreamy. So sweet. It almost seems sinful to drink. Like I need to be sneaking into a dark closet with big sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat to drink the stuff.

About 5 minutes later I managed to drink another 8oz of my supplement water and grab the other half of a banana for breakfast. Then it was time to hit the showers and get to work. By the time I got to work, my stomach was still playing havoc on me.  Remember on Jurassic Park, when the raptors were hiding in the tall grass, making that awful clicky growl, right before they jumped out + killed everyone... well that was what my stomach sounded like... I was frightened. I was waiting death.

Most of the morning my stomach felt and sounded like Raptors fighting. I'm sure my heavy liquid breakfast was not what it had in mind. By the time lunch rolled around, I was starved and temptation was waiting around the corner.

I love cupcakes. a lot. I would get a tattoo of a cupcake if I had spare cash to blow. I also love strawberry anything! So what lovely temptation awaiting me in the office kitchen - but a swoonworthy Strawberry Cream Cheese iced Strawberry Cupcake with Fresh Strawberries on top!!!! Son. of. a. Biscuit. On. A. Hot. Tin. Roof. In. the. Middle. Of. Mississippi. in. August. !!!!!!  oh life is mean like that. Oh what a test to my willpower! I soooo very much wanted to just shove my face right into the middle of that damn cupcake! Frig!

Ignore the cupcake. I turn my back. I get my Lean Cuisine, into the microwave. Gah! 8 minutes of slow microwaving hell! I can feel that cupcake staring at me from behind. Taunting me with its creamy sweetness.  No. I have to keep calm. Okay. Breathe. You know, girl, that cupcake is poison. I bet someone sneezed on it. Yeaahhh.. that's right. It's covered in cooties. Yeah... (dang it 5 mins left) ... um... *gulp* Not only does it have cooties, but it also taste like dirt! Do you want to eat dirt? No. I didn't think so. (3 mins. omg this microwave is soooo sloooowwww!!!)  Keep your back to the cupcake! Keep your back to the cupcake! Just breathe!  I start to break out in a shaky cold sweat when finally - BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEPPPPP!  Praise the Lord! I made it!  I quickly grabbed my lunch and get out of the kitchen pronto! I survived the glare + temptation of evil cupcakes. I may survive this journey after all!!!

Fortunately, I have the best DH ever. Because when I came home - he already had dinner planned and in progress. Hearty lean Pork Chops, an ear of Corn and later a sweet 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk Yogurt!



Now that was worth waiting for!

Well I made it through hard work, determination and survived temptation. I have to be a little bit proud of myself. I think I've come a long way. I know I still have a long journey ahead of me. But today was a good day! ;)


- signing off the Survivor of Strawberry Cupcake Apocalypse,

No comments:

Post a Comment