Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Raw Pasta.


I promised that I would share the recipe to the raw meal that I talked about here a few days ago. And I just have to share this delightful pasta substitute with you all! I loved it and is my new favourite dish!

I got the recipe from the newest issue of Whole Living magazine, which I have simply adored for such low calorie, beyond healthy recipes. Practically all the pages are dog-eared from my reading all the articles over and over and over again!


 I also greatly adored the article regarding raw food meals and it has highly peaked my curiosity on trying new yet practical raw food recipes into my everyday quick meal regimen.

Zucchini "Pasta" with Garlic + Tomato
Serves 2


Note: Use a very sharp knife or a mandoline to cut the zucchini into long, thin, noodlelike strips.

  • 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
  • 2 Tbsp torn fresh basil, plus leaves for garnish
  • 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
  • Sea salt
  • 1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise, slices cut into 1/4 inch long strips
Directions: In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, walnuts, basil and oil. Season with salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Toss with zucchini and garnish with basil.



So mine didn't exactly look just like the magazine photo. 


I couldn't find my slicer. So my "pasta" strips were a little bit thicker. However, that did not affect the taste in the least! It was so good! I want to try this also with a combination of both zucchini and yellow squash, along with different varieties of tomatoes!  And this dish was only for 157 calories per serving! I think it was the first time I've ate pasta without feeling guilty afterwards! :)

Note: I will post the caloric breakdown a little later. I don't have my magazine in front of me at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment