Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 76.

So I'm kind of frustrated about this week...Not that it was all entirely bad. Its just that... I didn't push hard enough this week. My schedule was pending to be 'out-of-routine' and I let it get into my head I guess. I was already feeling a bit exhausted from pushing hard at strength training over the weekend.

But my week's gym routine was sooo weak. And I was suppose to start a new fierce strength training routine – that did not happen either. What is wrong! Typically I can mentally push myself to keep going and giving it my all, but I guess my mind needs a rest day too.

So here was this week's workout schedule -
 Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday - Elliptical Trainer 15 mins,  Strength Training 15 mins, Zumba 60 mins.  (so typically I do the Elliptical for 20-25 mins. I strength train from 30-60 mins. I totally skimped on this day and why? I slept late until 530a and I didn't get to the gym until 6a. which left me absolutely no time to get in a decent workout! rar. Zumba saved the day.)

Wednesday - Elliptical Trainer 15 mins, Stair Climber level 8, 100 steps 20 mins, Treadmill Cool-Down  10 mins   (this day wasn't too bad, I worked up a really good sweat. But I should have stepped it up. I should have pushed forward to 20-25 mins on the Ellip. I should have pushed to "run" a fast 5min on the Treadmill and I should have strength trained if I had gotten there earlier.)

Thursday - I missed my morning gym workout because I choose to sleep late until 7a. why?! because I stayed up late 'working' on a project until 1030p the night before. I can't NOT get a decent nights sleep and be prepared to perform well at the gym.  I did go to Zumba 60 mins tonight.  Thank goodness! Again, Zumba saves the day.

Again, I'm concerned about tomorrow morning, because its 10p now and I am still awake and on the computer. AND... I still need to get a shower!!! I have to get up early tomorrow and bust it in the gym! Absolutely have to! No excuses! So what if my butt is dragging at work... at least I did it!

I am definitely going to have to bust my butt in the gym this weekend! No excuses! Seriously!
And I've decided that I will just start my new strength training workout at the start of the next week. Fresh Starts, Right?! right.

So I say this was my 'mental rest' week... next week its on!!!! I have some amazing life changing, very physically challenging goals ahead of me in October, November and in March! I have to train hard and be ready for all the great obstacles ahead!

Well... I need to sign off to get cleaned up and get some rest for tomorrow. Sleep is vital for the body's recovery! I'm going to go practice that now!

G'nite!


No comments:

Post a Comment