Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 83.


Weight - 130 - 131.60

I missed the gym again. The alarm went off at 415. then 430. then again at 5. after that I madly smacked it to go off at 7. Between that time until the final 7a alarm finally went off, I had felt as if I had slept for decades.  Rip Van Winkle all the way!

When I woke up, I was half expecting to find the interior of the apartment all macab from age as if I really had slept for years.  However by the time I made it to the bathroom mirror, I almost shrieked! I really did look like Death Warmed Over.  a wild tangle of hair, remnants of mascara streaked down my face, puffy swollen eyes and face, indentions on my face from sleeping so hard. Puffy and bloated all over. Cramps from Hell.  Pure Female Enforced Evil.

Yep. I was right. She's here. In full force. I hate her. She wrecks me. She wrecks my body of functioning at full speed.  I wanted to call in to work and stay in bed all day but could not.  Getting dressed seemed like an unachievable task. I sat on the floor in my closet and just laid there staring up at the ceiling, cramped up unable to make any complicated decisions such as black tights with zippers or plain black tights?

I did manage to pull myself up from the floor, get dressed as comfortably as possible, clean myself up to be presentable in the least, packed my lunch and my gym bag with zumba clothes, even though the mere thought of any quick movements makes me want to vomit.  Hopefully I will be feeling well enough to go to class. I need to go to class. My body is craving to go to class and move!!! vs. the other part just wants to curl up in a fetal position and die.  So... we shall see.

I did have a moment of weakness at work. I drank a Vanilla Coke Zero. I had to have something sugary caffeinated to take the "edge" off... I didn't enjoy it in the least.  I feel terrible about drinking a soda. Every time I drink 1 can of soda, I gain 1 pound of water weight back on. It is always like that... each can equals 1 lb. back on.  So I am going to need to move it if I want to work off all this water.

I hate feeling like this. It slows me down. But I know that I need to rest and recover if I am to push myself harder.  My plans for today is: eating my healthy lunch - mixed greens salad with tomatoes, and chickpeas for protein. Afternoon snack of apples and a chocolatey granola bar. And am planning on going to class tonight if my body permits.  If it does not. I will rest and try not to worry about it. There is always tomorrow and tomorrow is always better! :)

The sun is always out. Even if it is hiding behind a few rain clouds.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the woes of being a woman. It'll all work out - sometimes a rest day is in order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think men should be forced to live the woes of a woman for a year. One time is just not enough nor 2. It needs to be forced on them when the least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has days like this. Keep your eye on the prize and don't beat yourself up about it! You've identified the problem (AF) and know that it's totally temporary! Don't allow one evil thought (or soda) compltely to derail you and the awesome progress you're making, OK? WE love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete