Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 77.


Despite my exhaustion rant from Day 76 and staying up until 11p getting cleaned up and preparing for the upcoming work day, I did manage to make it into the gym at 530a this morning and got a decent workout in. It made me feel much better.

I focused on a quick leg workout this morning to keep the muscles fired up from last nights class. And I have no intentions of being all purposely vain when I say this but I am actually liking how my legs have began to take on a muscular shape and tone like I've never seen before. I think I'm actually beginning to get 'dancers legs'. Its neat to be able to actually 'see' individual muscles and muscle groups and actually watch them perform during dance routines + workouts.

I've really noticed a development of the definition in my quads. I'm not entirely used to seeing these bulbous upper leg muscles. While it kind of freaks me out in a way, its also exciting to actually take notice of them. On a TMI side note - all this new definition has made shaving my legs much more interesting to say the least....  Anyway, I can't wait to see the continued progress in these next months and how far I can push my 'comfort zone' limits and grow from that.

The Workout:

Warm-up: Elliptical
20 min @ 0 incline - 177 calories burned.

StairMaster
20 min @ Level 8 - 100 floors - 208 calories.

Hip Adductors
Inner: 3 sets of 15 @ 105 lbs.
Outer: 3 sets of 15 @ 135 lbs.

Hip Extensions
3 sets of 10 @ 105 lbs.

Calf Press
3 sets of 10 @ 15 lbs.
*this is a new machine and its slightly awkward to me at the moment. so I'm taking things light until I can get comfortable with it.

Leg Press
3 sets of 10 @ 95 lbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment