Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 78.





The Workout:

Warm-up: Elliptical
20 min @ Level 8 incline - 4 miles


StairMaster
20 min @ Level 10/8 - 100 floors 
 
Wide Grip Chin Ups
2 sets of 8 @ 100 lb assist
 
Pull-ups
2 sets of 8 @ 100 lb assist

Bicep Curl
3 sets of 10 @ 30 lbs

Back Hyperextension
3 sets of 10 @ 70 lbs

Iso-Lat Reverse Grip
3 sets of 10 @ 25 lbs

Iso-Lat Row
grip version 1: 3 sets of 10 @ 15 lbs
grip version 2: 3 sets of 10 @ 15 lbs

Incline Bicep Curl:
3 sets of 10 @ 10 lbs

Inverted Incline Bicep Curl:
3 sets of 10 @ 7.5 lbs


Today I was determined to start working on learning how to do pull-ups/chin-ups since it will definitely be a necessity for the Spartan Sprint rope climb. It was the first time I have ever done any chin-ups or pull-ups...ever! in my life! Despite being completely physically spent post pull-ups, I felt so accomplished! I had pushed past my comfort level and tried a completely new exercise that was totally physically demanding and I was actually able to perform to finish! It was a defining moment. I am looking forward to tomorrows workout – more pull-up/chin-ups!


No comments:

Post a Comment