Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 80.


Weight - 130

After this weekend + this mornings workout... granny's arms is stronger than mine. Like Randy on the Christmas Story who shouts "I can't put my arms down!"; I have been shouting "I can't pick my arms up!" Upper body workouts are not my fortay at all – I'm such a noodle. Needless to say, I didn't go to the gym on Sunday to workout or do more pull-ups/chin-ups. Instead I took a day of rest. After all, I could barely pick up my toothbrush and brush my teeth without whimpering in agony, I'm not going to be that mean to myself.

Today's workout:
Arrived at gym 445a
Departed at 645a

Chest + Triceps

Warm-up: Elliptical
20 min @ Level 1 incline - 3 miles

StairMaster
20 min @ Level 8 - 100 floors 
Push-ups on ball
2 sets of 10 (wide + narrow)

Bench Press 
2 sets of 8 @ 30 lbs

Incline Dumbell Press
3 sets of 8 @ 10 lbs.

Incline Dumbell Flyes
3 sets of 10 @ 10 lbs.
(the training program says to do 3 sets of 20... but I could only manage 3 sets of 10. At this point during the last set, I was struggling and could not keep good form. I was not going to attempt to push through if I couldn't complete the movements properly, doing such could result in injury.

Tricep Bench Dips
2 sets of 8

Overhead Tricep Dips
3 sets of 20 @ 7.5 lbs

Lying Tricep Extension
1 set of 10 @ 7.5 lbs.
(I had to cut this set short because I was pushing the clock for the commute back home to go get ready for work.)  Note: I did not like this exercise movement at all in this program. The movement itself was a akward variation to a traditional exercise and was not challenging because of its awkwardness. I think I am going to switch out this movement for a traditional tricep free weight exercise that I feel more comfortable doing.


On a separate note: I am still steady at 130. I'm trying to not let my mind produce any negative thoughts. I am trying to focus on the positive. I know that currently my muscles are quite swollen with the build-up of lactic acid and because of that, I am retaining water. I am trying to drink more water to flush this out but that is slow progress.  I am also expecting a stalemate this week or early next week since I am nearing the red dot time of the month. I am trying not to let this get me down in spirit and keep pushing forward since it is all normal occurrences of the body. Of course this can be a mentally challenging time; thank goodness I've started this new training program to keep my thoughts entertained for now....







No comments:

Post a Comment