Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 102.


Weight: 125.80

This morning was much better – mentally – for the most part. I got up at 445a, a bit slow paced of course, but I made my way over to the gym. Once I got to the gym it was game on... I went into my routine like business as usual and turned out a really good workout with enough time to spare for a 2 mile run.

I think I am getting better at running. This mornings run was breezy, I just paced myself, set my own cruise control and away I went. Before I knew it, I was at 2 miles... this makes me happy since next weekend is the race – my first 5k – and I am nervous about being able to run it. But I am feeling more confident that it should be no problem especially after seeing that 2 miles this morning came with more ease.  Of course I say this now and have yet attempted to run that final mile.   I am making it my goal this week to up the ante from running 1 mile everyday to 2 miles every day until race day. Somewhere in that mix, I am going to try to throw in that final mile.  I think having a new super short term goal to focus on this week will get me out of my mental funk.   Let's hope so!

Today's Workout:
Arrived: 525a   /   Departure: 750a
Zumba : 600p  /  700p

Total Calories Burned: 1000

• 11 minute warm-up: elliptical  Level 8.  2.53miles  94 calories
• Strength Training – Lift to Burn Program: 55 mins  156 calories
• Treadmill - Running: 28:20 mins  4.3mph  2 miles   227 calories  

• Zumba - 1 hour   516 calories 

Chest –
• Chest Press: 3 sets of 15 @ 30lbs
• Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 15 @ 10lbs
• Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 20 @ 10 lbs

Triceps –
• Tricep Bench Dips: 3 sets of 15 @ (body weight)
• Tricep Kick Backs: 1 sets of 10 @ 10lbs / 2 sets of 20 @ 7.5 lbs - to burn-out
• Overhead Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 20 @ 5lbs



On another note - a great yet slightly irritating problem - getting dressed this morning totally set me on edge and nearly put me late for work. It is getting more apparent that I will need to go shopping soon as each day, getting dressed for work keeps becoming a huge ordeal. Todays issue was a Belt. I decided to wear a 'new to me' dress from the consignment store that a few weeks ago was quite snug and slightly difficult to zip up, is now very loose and baggy. I've been cinching up all my shirts + dresses with belts. Its been the easy quick fix solution to the oversized/transition clothing problem. Each day I cycle through yet another belt from my basket that no longer fits. I've had to do 'surgery' on all my belts punching new holes. This morning - practically all of my belts are at maximum hole punch capacity and can no longer go any further. And now my fave belt - an 'old faithful' is now no longer appropriate to wear. Nooo! I think that realizing my most fave belt + wardrobe staple no longer fits sent me over the edge...of mixed emotion - a happy sadness. If that is even possible. SOB!  I am literally down to hardly any belts...what am I going to do now?!  My quick solution to 'taking in' way too big clothing is now practically non-existant! 


I guess this means that I will have to go shopping now. poop. I'm not ready to deal with that just yet. :P  I know its a great problem to have! absolutely! But oh... shopping.. I'm not ready to make that leap yet not when I have more road to travel on this journey... Maybe this weekend, I can go back to the consignment, outlet + thrift stores and find some more super cheap transition items + belts. *fingers crossed*


Despite it all... I am grateful for my new set of 'problems'... as these are good 'problems' to have... and focusing on that is helping me out of my slump...







No comments:

Post a Comment