Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 94.


Weight: 127.20

So despite this weekend's new dungaree celebration... I've got to change up my meal plan. Of course, traveling and being stuck inside all weekend has made me retain a pound in water weight. So frustrating! But its not only that... I know that I have been a little bit liberal with my meal plan lately and I am starting to see its effects. I have incorporated grains back into my diet and it has slowed me down. Despite the fact that the grains I have been consuming have been clean, even still, I know it is the grains that tend to 'collect/retain' and slow my progress. So again, I am going to have to clean up my diet. Goodbye grains. I am also going to have to start drinking even more water. I drink 8 glasses currently, of course some days I get close. But I need to drink more than this to supplement my workout routine.

While I'm cleaning up my act, I am also determined to work harder at strength training, particularly the upper body. I love doing cardio and strength training the lower body. But when it comes to the upper body, I am not motivated. I just do random training for this mostly because I'm unsure of myself when it comes to the upper body and I know I am weak. Or the polar opposite on gym weekends, I confidently kill it at my upper body workout but only when DH is with me because he pushes me to the next level and I like that motivational support. But no more excuses of time restraints or the insecurities I have doing upper body by myself!

But I have to stick with the 'Lift to Burn' 4 week training program (which incorporates a lot of upper body). My game plan for the next 4 weeks is to go to bed at 8/830p and get up at 4a and be in the gym by 430a so that I have adequate time to do all my strength training and all my cardio. I'm also switching it up and doing a 10 min cardio warm-up, then my strength training first and cardio last!

I tried this routine this morning and it seemed to work very well and I really liked it. However I was really exhausted by the time I got to do cardio, but I knew I pushed it hard training. I know I am going to be totally grumpy having to get up an extra hour earlier than I do already. But that reminds me of a quote I love – "I may miss sleeping in...but my pillow doesn't feel as good as skinny does!"  I am going to have to tape this to my bathroom mirror so it can motivate me at 4am –all bleary, crusty eyed and bed headed. I'm determined though.

Today's Workout:
Arrived: 515a   /   Departure: 755a
Zumba: 710p / 830p


• 10/11 minute warm-up: elliptical  Level 8.  2.45miles  94 calories
• Strength Training – Lift to Burn Program: 40 mins  114 calories
• StairMaster: 20 mins   Level 8  100 floors  220.40 calories
• Treadmill - Running: 13.38 mins   1 mile   100 calories  
• Zumba - 1 hour   516 calories

Chest –
• Chest Press: 2 sets of 8 @ 30lbs
• Bench Press: 2 sets of 10 @ 10lbs
• Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10 @ 10lbs
• Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 20 @ 10 lbs

Triceps –
• Tricep Bench Dips: 3 sets of 10 @ (body weight)
• Tricep Kick Backs: 4 sets of 10 @ 10lbs
• Overhead Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 20 @ 10lbs

It's time to clean up + focus and finish this!


No comments:

Post a Comment