Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mango Pico.



I am so in love with Mango Pico de Gallo right now. I eat this with anything.  My favorite way to eat it is with eggs in the morning for breakfast and in my homemade chicken salad which I lovingly call Mango Pico Chicken SaladIt is so good. I love making it because it is not only yummy to eat, its just a beautiful condiment to gaze at. And if I am too busy to make it, I always hunt it down in the produce aisle of my grocer as a staple for the fridge.


Here's how to make your own Mango Pico De Gallo –
Mango Pico De Gallo
Ingredients
1/2 mango diced
1/2 medium onion diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped.
1 jalapeño seeded and minced
juice of 1 lime
1/4 tsp salt
Directions:
Combine all the ingredients and serve.   Enjoy!

In the above photo, I am stir-frying (in zero cal, olive oil pam spray) the mango pico and tofu cubes. I first sizzle up my tofu cubes and slices of onion until it begins to golden brown on some of the tofu. To give the tofu some pizazz, I sprinkled it with Ms Dash Fiesta Lime. I then add the mango pico de gallo and sizzle it up until everything is hot and steamy! Ta-Da!  A quick + easy, yummy meal for only 120 calories!
I served this dish with a side of celery and Fiesta Ranch Yogurt Dressing (which is basically plain greek yogurt mixed with 1/8 of a packet of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dressing seasoning 60cals)
Like I said above, I also love putting it in my chicken salad. It is soooo good! And only 215 calories for the entire 2 cup container as seen below. So I have to share my chicken salad recipe also.
Mango Pico Chicken Salad

Ingredients
1/2 cup of Mango Pico de Gallo
1/4 cup each of the trinity - diced onion, celery + bell pepper
6 egg whites.
1/4 cup of pepper relish
1 chicken breast chopped or 1 can of white chicken breast in water
*Note - to keep this "clean" - I do not use any mayo or miracle whip or any sour creams. Another reason I choose to do this is because the relish and pico already provide a moist consistency for the salad. So why add in extra calories if its not necessary?  If you choose to make it creamy, I would add in a low fat plain greek yogurt - maybe a 1/8 or 1/4 cup at most. 
Directions:
Combine all the ingredients and serve. 
I hope you all find these recipes useful in your everyday low calorie meal planning. And mostly, I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do!   Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment