Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 89.

Weight: 126.80

Today is the day of my Mini Goal #2 which is: "Weigh 125 lbs by September 1st."
And I missed my goal by 1 lb. Am I upset? Absolutely not! As of yesterday, I achieved one of my most important goals on this journey which was lose 20 lbs. (the over halfway marker of my journey!) Who cares if I missed my second mini goal... I have achieved my biggest obstacle yet with amazing results!

And I feel absolutely great! My body literally feels so different and better! It's like I have discovered the fountain of youth! And rightly so! See that photo above... that is what 20 lbs of fat looks like. THAT is what I have been carrying around with me in my body! This is the junk that has been putting a burden on my health! So technically yes! since I have lost this 20 lbs I have found the fountain of youth!

So Goodbye 20 lbs! Goodbye 140s! Goodbye 130s!
And I'm currently working on my Goodbye for the 120s!

This morning I decided it was time to take my measurements since I have not made any new recordings since August 13. I wasn't expecting too much since this month has seemed like a slow scale month but again the inches does not ever lie, even when the scale seems to be in slow motion.

August 13th vs. September 1st:
August 13th
Bust: 39
Stomach: 32.5
Hips: 35
Butt: 38
Thighs: 21.5

September 1st
Bust: 38.5
Stomach: 30.5
Hips: 34
Butt: 37
Thighs: 21
Measurement differences from 8/13-9/1:  Bust - .5" Stomach - 2" Hips - 1" Butt - 1" Thighs - .5"


This just proves to those readers out there who may be getting discouraged by their scale not moving, to not give up! The scale numbers may not be moving, but those inches most certainly are! So if you are keeping up with your measurements, you will see results! I highly recommend to those of you who are trying to lose weight to also take and record your measurements along with keeping track of your scale weight. You will be able to see the progress made and that is a more satisfying motivation.  I try to measure every 2 weeks when I can remember to do so, in case you were all wondering how often to measure.

What is even more exciting are these measurement numbers:

June 16th vs. September 1st:
June 16th
Bust: 42
Stomach: 37
Hips: 40.5
Butt: 39
Thighs: 23


September 1st
Bust: 38.5
Stomach: 30.5
Hips: 34
Butt: 37
Thighs: 21

Measurement differences from 6/16-9/1:  Bust - 3.5" Stomach - 6.5" Hips - 6.5" Butt - 2" Thighs - 2"


Holy Cats! I've lost 6.5 inches along my entire midsection and have lost 3 cup sizes of bust! It is insane! I can and can't believe that I was that huge! 42 and 40 inches blows my mind, especially for my 5' frame!  

But I can believe it since I have an entire wardrobe now that is sitting in garbage bags awaiting yard sale day. This weekend I plan on going to buy some 'temporary' jeans (I've been wearing lots of tights and dresses that I can cinch in) and I also desperately need to go buy some underwear. But again, I'm not getting an entire new wardrobe just yet since I have 16 lbs left to go before completion. And so if I buy new clothes now, later next month I will not be able to wear them and will also have to sell them in the yard sale. I am waiting on doing a yard sale until I am completely done. I've been shopping for clothing essentials at the thrift and consignment stores since again, these are only temporary sizes until I achieve my final goal weight.  But this is a new and wonderful problem to have!

I am so proud of the progress I have made and am looking forward to the remainder of the journey ahead. So when I am asked today about how I feel about not exactly making my mini goal on time, I can exclaim that I am proud of what I have achieved, how far I've come and the progress I've made. :)

I feel already like I have a new lease on life! So....

Happy Weight Loss Goal Birthday to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment